Choosing a fast DNS is the main step to solve your internet slower especially with games. If your PS4 facing problems connecting to servers, or the internet is slower than what your ISP provides, there are the best DNS servers for PS4 2020.
DNS means “Domain Name System” it’s the phonebook of the internet that translates domain names to IP addresses.
Public DNS and Custom DNS:
There are 2 kinds of DNS: Public DNS, and Custom DNS. The most common are Public DNS these DNS servers are available to everyone and can be fast and save kike Google’s public DNS server.
On the other side we have Custom DNS, theses DNS servers are set up by private companies. Some are free and some are paid.
But they are faster and safer than your default DNS servers and offer more options like: avoid censorship over the internet, regulate other people’s usage of the internet and regulate parental guidelines, and more.
There are the best DNS servers for PS4 2020:
|Provider||Primary DNS||Secondary DNS|
|Comodo Secure DNS||184.108.40.206||220.127.116.11|
How to change DNS settings in your PS4?
- Turn on your PS4 and go to “Settings” menu and select “Network” option.
- Under the Network menu, you will be many options and you need to open the “Set Up Internet Connection” screen.
- You need to select either LAN or WiFi depending on how you connect your PS4 to the internet.
- Change the IP Address to Automatic and set DHCP as Do not specify.
- Now change the DNS Settings to Manual to set custom fastest DNS on PS4.
- Choose any custom DNS of your choice and type the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. Click Done to update the DNS.
- Set MTU as Automatic and Proxy Server as Do Not Use. Try out different DNS from the above table until you find the fastest one that works for you the best.
Note: in general you can’t decide which server is the best DNS servers for PS4 before you try it your self. it could vary from place to place but in general, these servers mentioned uplines are the fastest.