In the last few years, Gmail got many Improvements to help users to rearrange their Priorities and don’t waste their time between hundreds of emails. One of these Improvements is email templates for Gmail.
Email templates for Gmail can save you a couple of hours you were spending them replying to emails with random words. with templates, all you need is just to know where in your settings to look.
So, let’s know how to how to create email templates for Gmail and save our time.
How to create email templates for Gmail?
Before creating templates, you need to activate enable them first:
- Go to mail.google.com on a Mac or PC and log into your account.
- Click the gear icon, located toward the top-right corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
- Select “Advanced” in the top toolbar.
- Make sure “Templates” is set to “Enable”.
- If not, enable it and click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen.
Now, after activating templates, let’s see how to easily create email templates for Gmail.
- Create a new email.
- Set up the email as you would like the template to appear.
- Click the three dots, located near the bottom-right corner of the draft and select “Templates.”
- Click “Save draft as a template.”
- Select “Save as new template.”
- Add your template name and click “Save.”
Note: if you have an email signature, don’t forget to delete it from the template. otherwise, it will show up twice when you use the template.
And now after creating your templates, you can easily otherwise it will show up twice when you use the template.
Gmail also is offering suggested replies that predict the reply. It works automatically but if it doesn’t work in your Gmail just turn it on.
To turn Smart Reply on or off:
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Next to “Smart Reply,” choose to turn Smart Reply on or off.