Apple just released the first public beta for the new iOS and iPadOS 14 updates. if you want to know how to download iOS 14 beta & iPadOS 14 public beta, here is everything you need.
This public beta allows users who aren’t signed up for the Apple Developer Program, so you can easily get iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta in few steps.
But before trying to install the beta you need to make sure that your device is compatible with the update.
iOS 14 is compatible with all of these iPhones:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPod touch (7th-generation)
iPadOS 14 is compatible with these devices:
- All iPad Pros
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 5
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2.
How to download iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 public beta?
To get iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta, you’ll need to enroll your iPhone or iPod touch in the free Apple Beta Software Program. it’s very simple.
Before starting don’t forget to backup Your iPhone or iPad First.
- From your browser on iPhone or iPad, go to Apple Beta Software Program.
- Sign up button, or sign in if you’re already a member.
- Agree to the Apple Beta Software Program terms and conditions if necessary.
- You will see A Guide for Public Betas screen. Select the iOS tab, scroll down to the Get Started section, and tap enroll your iOS device.
- On the Enroll Your Devices screen, with the iOS tab selected, scroll down and tap the Download profile button.
- Choose a device “iPhone” or “iPad”, and click Allow.
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device and then tap Profile Downloaded below your Apple ID banner.
- Now, tap Install in the top-right corner of the screen. and enter your passcode.
- Tap Install in the top-right corner to agree to the consent text, then tap Install again when prompted.
- Now click Done, then tap General in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Software Update> Download and Install> Install Now.
Note: the update size is about 5GB, so it will take some time to download, but once it does, your device will restart and automatically install iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.