The latest updates on iMessage starting from iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 give iMessage many features like creating an Apple iMessage profile.
Just like WhatsApp, you can create an Apple iMessage profile, set a name and a photo that’s displayed in an iMessage conversation. And control over who can see them.
You can allow only your contacts to view this information, or you can also share this information on a conversation basis.
To know how to create an apple iMessage profile on the iPhone and iPad, just keep reading.
How to Create an Apple iMessage profile?
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad and then go to the “Messages” section.
- Here, tap the “Share Name And Photo” option.
- You’ll see the iMessage profile setup screen. Select the “Choose Name And Photo” button.
- You’ll see a couple of options for setting up the display picture for your Apple iMessage profile.
- To create a new display picture, tap the three-dot Menu button.
- You’ll see every option available for creating a profile picture.
- To set a photo as your display picture, tap the Photos button.
- Select the photo and edit it, then press “Done”.
- Now, select the “Continue” button.
- From the pop-up message, choose the “Use” option if you want to use the photo for your Apple ID as well.
Now, set up your name and photo sharing options. From the top of the page, enter your first and last name.
In the “Share Automatically” section, you can choose the “Contacts Only” or “Always Ask” option.
“Always Ask” requires the Messages app to ask you if you want to share your name and photo with the person you’re having a conversation with.
“Contacts Only” automatically shares your updated name and photo with people in your Apple contacts. Select a choice and tap the “Done” button.
That’s all, we are done.