Can you make a calendar in Microsoft Word? The answer is yes, you can create a Calendar in Microsoft Word from A to Z. It may take a little more time and energy than just using one of the templates, but it’s not impossible.
There are two methods in Microsoft Word to make your own calendar. You can design one from scratch or choose one from Word’s library of calendar templates.
How to create a Calendar in Microsoft Word from A to Z?
- Open a Word document and insert a table, from the ‘Insert” tab, click the “Table” option in the “Tables” group.
- For the calendar, you’ll need a 7×7 table.
- First, we want to adjust the height of the table’s squares. Hover your mouse over the table and an icon will appear in the top-left corner. Right-click that icon.
- Next, select “Table Properties” from the menu.
- From “Table Properties” Click the “Row” tab, check the box next to “Specify Height,” and enter the desired height in the text box.
- Press “OK” when done.
- We will need to make some adjustments to the top two rows. Select the top two rows by clicking and dragging your cursor over them.
- Next, adjust the height of these two rows (right-click table icon > Table Properties > Row > Specify Height) to make them a bit smaller than the others.
- Now, enter the name of the month in the top row.
- We’ll need to combine the cells of the top row. Click and drag your mouse over each cell of the top row and right-click the selected area.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click “Merge Cells.”
- With the cells of the top row merged, enter the name of the month.
- Next, enter the days of the week in the second row. Again, format the text to match the style you have in mind.
- Finally, enter the days of the month in each respective box.
- Repeat the above steps for each month of the year to complete the calendar.
Use a Calendar Template
Instead of the above method, you can just use a calendar template in Word. Word has a nice variety of calendars readily available.
- Open Microsoft Word and click the “New” tab in the left-hand pane.
- Type “Calendar” in the online templates search box.
- You will see many calendar templates, you can choose between them. Just click the one you want.
- A pop-up window will appear showing a preview and a description of the calendar. Click “Create.”
- Now, you can edit the calendar using Word’s styling tools.