Google’s Gboard is one of the best Android keyboards with a nice design and a lot of options, one of these options is that you can create your own Gboard emoji.
This little trick takes advantage of a feature that Google calls the Emoji Kitchen, you can make some funny, cringy, and even downright scary emoji combinations. Here’s how.
How to create your own Gboard emoji?
- Go to the Google Play Store to download, install, and set to default the Gboard on your phone.
- open a text app that you frequently type in, like Google Messages.
- Tap on the emoji icon at the bottom of the screen, to the left of the spacebar.
- Select an emoji from the emoji picker. You should see some larger and different versions of your emoji in the section above the emoji picker.
- Select a second emoji from the emoji picker. If the two are compatible, you should see a selection of emoji hybrids or mashups between the two.
- Tap on the mashup you wish to share.
- Press send.
This feature may function slightly differently between apps or on different devices. As of this writing, Google says that the Emoji Kitchen is supported in Gmail, Google Messages, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Telegram, and WhatsApp.
Beside Gboard, there are some good Keyboard Options for android like:
SwiftKey (Free at Google Play)
Owned by Microsoft, SwiftKey is another reliable keyboard option. Perhaps its best feature is its ability to sync across your devices.
Chrooma (Free at Google Play)
If you like to really customize your Android phone, then Chrooma is the keyboard for you. Make it the way you want, or have the theme automatically adjust to whatever app you’re using.
Grammarly Keyboard (Free at Google Play)
If you’re prone to making lots of typos or if you’re just not confident in your writing, it doesn’t hurt to have this keyboard installed.