If you are trying to restore or update your iPhone but you face an error message. Don’t worry there’s how to ix iPhone iTunes Restore Error “Error 9”
Many iPhones like iPhone 6,7,8 even Xr and 11 could face error while trying to restore it with iTunes on Windows PC or Finder app on macOS Catalina and see a message saying: The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9).
How to fix iPhone iTunes Restore Error?
Before trying to solve this error we should know why it happened?
Simply There are 3 common reasons that may cause iPhone/iTunes Error 9:
- Security software on your computer is preventing access to the Apple servers, which makes iTunes cannot recognize your iPhone.
- Network settings are corrupted, or blocked from Apple servers. This will prevent downloading iOS updates or iPhone firmware so as to stop the iPhone/iTunes restore process.
- Network configuration data on a computer was previously used for hacking or jailbreaking other iPhone and was corrupted.
And now what’s the solution? As there are 3 reasons for this error there are 3 methods to solve it:
First method: Force Restart iPhone 6/7/8/X/Xr/11
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes
- Then Force restart your iPhone
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable
- When you see the option to update or restore, click Update – not Restore.
Second method: Check Firewall or Security Settings
Firewall or Security app can be the reason of this error, so to connect your iPhone Check on security apps on your computer.
If you cannot determine which specific software that may prevent the connection between the iTunes and your iPhone, then temporarily disable all of them and quit all irrelevant programs running background.
Third method: Use Expert iOS System Recovery Software
There are many iOS System Recovery Softwares that can help you in this case. One of these good Softwares is ” Fix My iPhone” you can try it.