The Microsoft Teams app is one of the most known apps for windows users, but what if I want to get Microsoft Teams on Mac?
This Microsoft app is just like most Communication apps; combines text, voice, and video chat with other features such as calendars and file sharing. You can also sign up for it standalone, or use it as part of the larger Office 365 suite of applications.
If you are a Mac user and want to use Microsoft Teams, don’t worry. Here’s how to install and setup Microsoft Teams for Mac.
How to get Microsoft Teams on Mac?
This method works for any supported version of macOS, which includes v10.11 (El Capitan) and newer.
Microsoft provides an installer for Teams in their “.PKG” format, which will walk you through the install via a wizard.
- Go to Microsoft’s website and select the Download link from the main navigation.
- Then click the Download for Desktop button.
- Finally, click the Download Teams button.
Now you get the file, and it’s time to installing it on your Mac.
The installer makes it very easy to get Teams up and running on your Mac. Double-click the .PKG file will get automatically start the installation.
- First, you will see an introduction message. Click Continue to move ahead.
- Second, you will see this screen telling how much disk space it will use, and asks for confirmation on where to install it. Click Install to kick off the process.
- Now, you’ll be prompted for an administrator password. Enter one, then hit Install Software.
- The installer will start copying files at this point and show you its progress.
- Once complete, you should get a success message. You can click Close to quit the installer.
- Once the installation is complete, you can launch Teams from the Applications folder.
- When you first launch Teams, you’ll be prompted to log in with a Microsoft account.
- Once you’re done, you can set the app to your preference. Click on the upper-right corner, then click Settings.