Instagram has revealed a new addition that calls Instagram Reels, this new feature allows you to create 15-second videos with a handful of fun editing tools with the same idea of TikTok.
Actually Reels is a TikTok competitor but it comes as a part of a bigger app, not as a standalone app like the Chinese app. If you are an avid Instagram user and like TikTok too, you will really like Reels.
The new feature is now available for many users around the world, but not for all users, you can check if you get the add from Instagram Stories camera you will find, LVE, STORY, and REELS, if not found, try to update the app or wait for the next update to get it.
How to Use Instagram Reels – TikTok competitor?
To start with Reels, open Instagram on your iPhone or Android, tap the Camera icon in the top-left corner to open the Instagram Stories camera.
At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see the different camera modes. Swipe over to “Reels.”
In the “Reels” mode, you’ll see four icons on the left side of the screen. These are the tools you can use while recording:
- Music: Select music to play over your clip.
- Playback: Choose the playback speed of the clip. You can use slow motion or fast-forward effects.
- Effects: Instagram’s library of augmented reality masks, backgrounds, games, and more.
- Timer: Predetermine the length of the clip so you don’t have to use your hands to stop recording.
If you’d like to create a Reel from prerecorded videos, you can add media by tapping the plus sign (+) in the bottom-left corner.
To start recording a new video, tap the Camera button. A pink progress bar will appear at the top of the screen to indicate the 15-second clip limit.
Once you’ve recorded all your clips, tap the Next arrow (>) to begin editing. If you used the full 15 seconds on the first recording, you’ll automatically be brought to the editing screen.
How to Edit and Share Instagram Reels
Now that you’ve recorded a Reel, you’ll see a new set of tools at the top of the screen:
- Download: Tap this to save the video to your phone.
- Stickers: This is where you can add Instagram stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
- Draw: Doodle on the video with a number of different pens and color choices.
- Text: Add text with different fonts and colors.
You can also adjust the length of a Reel.
After you’ve finished editing the Reel, tap the Next arrow (>) at the bottom right.
Now you can share your Reel, There are two tabs for sharing your creations: “Reels” and “Stories.”
Sharing via the “Reels” tab will put your video on your profile and in your follower’s feeds like a regular Instagram post.
Before sharing you can choose a cover image.
To adjust the cover, drag your finger across the timeline at the bottom of the screen until you find a still image you like. You can also tap “Add From Gallery” to choose a cover photo from your photo gallery.
Tap “Done” after finishing, and give your Reel a caption.