Having a full backup can safeguard your information from any unexpected problems, with Windows 10 making this backup is super easy thanks to Windows 10built in backup and restore tool.
The built-in backup tool Windows 10 has is System Image Backup, this simple tool is a super easy and versatile tool for creating a Windows 10 backup and you don’t need to install or activate it. It’s ready to use right away if you’re running Windows 10.
How to make a backup on Windows 10?
System Image Backup isn’t the only tool to backup your windows, there are some alternative backup options, but we will show you how to make a Backup on Windows 10 Using System Image Backup.
- Press the Windows Key+I to open the Settings menu.
- Select Update and Security.
- In the resulting Settings window, select Backup from the left-hand menu.
- Under the heading Looking for an older backup? Select Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- A new Control Panel window will appear. On the left-hand side, select Create a system image.
- In the new window, under Where do you want to save the backup, use the various toggles and drop-down menus to select whether you want to store your image on a hard drive (be it internal or external), a series of DVDs, or on a network-connected drive somewhere on your LAN. Then select Next.
- Select which drives you want to include with the backup using their relevant checkboxes. Then select Next.
- Look over your selections, then when you’re happy and ready, select Start backup to begin the process.
- You will also be given the chance to create a system repair disk. If your system has an optical drive and you want that option, choose Yes. Otherwise, select No, then Close.
Now, the backup progress will start and can take some time depending on how big the installations are that you’re backing up and the speed of your drives.
You can continue to use your system with no problem during the backup