With its last version of iOS, Apple has introduced a long-awaited feature that allows iPhone users to play videos in a floating window. this feature is called picture-in-picture.
Picture-in-picture has been on the iPad for a long time but iPhone just getting it with the upcoming update. With this feature, you’ll be able to watch videos in a floating “bubble” that stays on top of any other app you’re using on your iPhone: Instagram, Twitter, Messages, or any other app.
How to use Picture in Picture on iPhone with iOS 14?
as you get iOS14 update Picture in Picture will turn on by default. All you have to do is have a video playing on your iPhone and swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Whether you’re going to the home screen or switching to another app, the video will pop up in its own bubble and continue playing.
How to use YouTube picture-in-picture on iPad & iPhone?
Almost all media apps support Picture-in-Picture on the iPad except youtube. it doesn’t have this feature directly.
But there’s an indirect method to play youtube videos as a Picture-in-Picture on iPad and iPhone. let’s see…
- Open the “Safari” app on your iPad and then navigate to the YouTube website.
- Search for a video that you want to watch. Tap the video to open it and then tap the “Play” button to start playback.
- Tap the “Full-screen” button.
- With the video now taking up your iPad’s entire display, tap the “Picture-in-Picture” button found in the top-left corner.
- The video will start playing in a floating window.
- You can tap and swipe to a different corner of the screen to move it around. You can pinch in and out to resize the floating video player.
- If you want to stop playing the video, tap the “Stop” button. You can also tap the “Picture-in-Picture” button to go back to the full-screen mode.
You can follow the same steps with the iPhone to play YouTube picture-in-picture videos.
Note: this way only works with youtube premium accounts, and there is no clear information if YouTube picture-in-picture will be available with iOS 14 update or not.