Thanks to Xbox Game Bar, now you can start Xbox Chat on Windows 10 directly from your keyboard and access various functions and features right from hitting Windows Key + G.
The new bar allows you to start text chat or voice chat quickly with your friends during play sessions. Let’s learn how to start Xbox chat using the Xbox Game Bar.
How to start Xbox chat on Windows 10?
Xbox Game Bar works while you’re playing a game, and it also works if you’re just using Windows desktop applications.
- Press Windows Key + G at any time to bring up the Xbox Game Bar
- If you don’t have it, you can download it from the Microsoft Store here.
- Once getting Xbox Game Bar opened, click the Overlays button on the bar that looks like three horizontal lines.
- Select “Xbox Social (Beta)” to open up your Xbox friends list.
- Add friends from this list by clicking the button right of “Search or Add Players.”
- The Xbox Game Bar gives you access to various chat tools, streaming features, performance statistics, and even Spotify. You don’t have to Alt+Tab between apps.
After adding friends, you can start a voice or text chat with any one of them instantly during playing.
How to Chat with Xbox Friends with the new tool?
- To start Chat with Xbox Friends in Windows 10, double click on any name to open a chat window.
- If you want to start a voice call. Click the headset icon.
- You can start a group chat or add more friends to the chat by clicking the plus (+) icon.
This built-in method to chat with Xbox friends allows you to chat with your Xbox friends from any PC, whether you play on Xbox or not. It’s easy and fast, just try it.