On 14 January 2020 Microsoft has ended the support for Windows 7 and Windows 8 is a pointless sideways move, so many users have to upgrade to Windows 10 which Microsoft charges 139$ for the standard edition. But what if there’s a legal way to upgrade to Windows 10 for free?
As we know, Microsoft ended its free Windows 10 upgrade offer to all users on July 30, 2016, but the company left loophole to the free upgrade.
All you need to have a legal copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 to use this link and Upgrade for free.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free?
- Click on the Windows 10 download page link here.
- Choose “Download Tool Now” – this downloads the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- When finished, open the download and accept the license terms
- Choose: “Upgrade this PC now” then click “Next“
- Choose ‘Keep personal files and apps’
- Click “Install” (note this takes some time and involves multiple restarts)
- Once installed, open: Settings > Windows Update > Activation to activate your Windows 10 digital license…
- OR enter your (genuine) Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key if you haven’t previously activated your old version of Windows.
After this, you can check your license has successfully been activated, open: Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
Windows 10 license is tied to your hardware. As such, if you need to format your computer for any reason Windows 10 will reactivate automatically.
Note: this link is opening for a limited time and Microsoft may turn it off at any time, but till now it’s working with no problem.