This year Apple has introduced a major update to its devices with iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14. These updates bring a nice upgrade for video lovers, as many apple iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV become support 4K YouTube videos.
Even iPhones and iPads devices witch don’t have 4K displays; they can show higher-quality video than the 1080p.
On the other side we found Apple TV 4K that has been out for three years and has 4K display; didn’t have 4K YouTube support and just got it this year as well.
iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14 are now available s free public betas as well as developer betas. You can try any of them or wait to get them fixed update.
And now let’s see how to watch 4K YouTube videos on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
How to watch 4K YouTube videos on the iPhone and iPad?
If you have iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 update:
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad
- Start playing a video and tap the screen.
- Click the vertical three-dot “More” icon in the top-right corner.
- Choose Quality.
- To watch in 4K, pick 2160p if it’s available, that’s all.
Note: this option only available in the YouTube app, and not available with YouTube in Safari in iOS 14.
Also, not all devices that can run iOS 14 get 4K YouTube support at the moment, but this problem will be solved with the fixed update.
On Apple TV
4K YouTube videos not officially supported on Apple TV, but Apple has announced 4K support is coming to YouTube on Apple TV at some point with tvOS 14.
At the current time, you can AirPlay 4K videos from YouTube on the iPhone or iPad to Apple TV as a workaround.
- But after the update, you can easily open the YouTube app
- Start watching a video
- Press the touchpad on the Apple TV remote
- Select the vertical three-dot “More” icon
- Choose “Quality” and pick 2160p.