The Zip file is a compressed file that could contain a large amount of information in a small space on the memory. But why it’s important and how to make a Zip file on Windows 10?
The zip file is a good choice in many cases, it saves space on the disk space, it’s the best choice to send and receive large files. As it’s reducing network transfer times and allows you to combine several files into a single one.
How to make a Zip file on Windows 10?
Note that Windows refers to a Zip file as a “compressed folder” and the terms are interchangeable in this case.
First, open File Explorer and locate the files or folders you’d like to compress and combine into a Zip file.
For example, we will use a group of photos, but you can apply the next steps on any type of files.
If you want to Zip a single file or folder, right-click it and a menu will pop up. Click “Send to,” and then click “Compressed (Zipped) Folder.”
If you want to Zip many files or folders, select them in File Explorer, and follow the same method. right-click it and a menu will pop up. Click “Send to,” and then click “Compressed (Zipped) Folder.”
Now you will see the new ZIP file in the same location as the files you’re working with. The ZIP file icon looks like a standard Windows folder with a zipper on it.
Name the new Zip file and press enter, and now we have a new compressed folder. It’s very easy.
How to View a ZIP File’s Content and Add Files?
- To View a ZIP File’s Content, double-click on it.
- The ZIP file will open much like a regular folder, and you’ll see the files inside.
- You can copy-and-paste or drag-and-drop files into this window to add them to the ZIP file.
- To remove individual files from the ZIP file, delete them from here.
How to unzip files on Windows 10?
- Right-click the file, and then select “Extract All” from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the location you want to put the files you’re extracting, and click “Extract.”
now, the files will extract themselves to the destination you selected.
How to Extract a Single File from a Compressed Folder
- Open the Zip file you want to extract a file from.
- You’ll see either a list of files or a group of icons representing the compressed files.
- Drag and drop the file you want to extract outside the Compressed Folder.
- The extracted file is copied to the new location, and it will also remain in the Zip file.
You can repeat this process many times on any files you want.